02022020 Palindrome Sunday

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 02, 2020, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

For the first time in 900 years the date is a palindrome.  And you thought nothing of historic importance might happen your lifetime.  We who are alive today will be the envy of others for centuries to come!  

(or until December of next year when there are two such dates:  12-11-21 & 12-22-21)
[or, really, until later this month: 02-11-20 & 02-22-20.......BUT those all use the xx-xx-xx date format and I think that is not as large an achievement.  Today works in both mm-dd-yyyy and dd-mm-yyyy which is quite amazing.  How lucky we are to be alive right now!!]
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Today it was 70°, and tomorrow it's supposed to snow and not get above freezing.

This afternoon, I saw a play that I didn't like very much. It was called You Lost Me and I found it boring rather than profound or meaningful. :( It was about an innkeeper in Newfoundland and her nephew and their connection to the generations past--or something like that. It was kind of hard to figure out how the characters from two different time periods related to each other. Hopefully the play I'm seeing next week will be better.