7 April 2021

Started by KathyB, Apr 07, 2021, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I'm getting a dog! It will probably be about seven weeks, because she has to give birth and wean the puppies. She is the sweetest dog I've ever met, and she loves to cuddle. Her name is Bernadette, which I'm planning to keep, because how can she have a better namesake than Ms. Peters? She is about eight pounds, and who-knows-what breeds are in there, although I think there's some Pekingese. She doesn't have the smushed-in face, but she has the soft fur and a slight curl to her tail.

scenicdesign71

omg dogdogdogdog dog!   :dog:  Dogs are high on my list of favorite things on the planet.

My day was uneventful until, right before our midafternoon coffee break, I managed to cut my right arm on a tiny but nasty little metal burr on one of the dumpsters outside our shop.  The cut isn't too bad -- I should still be able to work okay while it heals -- but it's not a trivial scratch either, and I haven't had a tetanus booster in over ten years.  So to get that taken care of, I spent about two hours from 4-6pm dealing with the entwined bureaucracies of worker's comp and urgent care.  Grrr.

Now I'm all boosted; wound re-cleaned and re-dressed by the very nice urgent-care doc; and home for Grubhub and early to bed.  All day tomorrow (and maybe Friday too) I'll be up in Mount Vernon graffiti-ing two hundred running feet of exterior walls -- and the weather should be nice for it:  52-65ยบ and sunny.

Congratulations, Kathy!  :-* :dog:

DiveMilw

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: WOO HOO!!!!!  :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Congratulations, Kathy!!!
I'm very excited for both you and Bernadette!!  
She is a very lucky dog.
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Lil Bernie.  I hope she will consent to have her picture taken when she arrives, so that we may all admire her.

KathyB

Quote from: scenicdesign71 on Apr 08, 2021, 01:44 PMLil Bernie.  I hope she will consent to have her picture taken when she arrives, so that we may all admire her.
Right now I have a picture of her all nice and pregnant.

DiveMilw

Hello, Bernadette!!!  You are gorgeous!!
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

What a sweetheart!   :-* :-* :-* :dog: