23-March-18 Playday

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 23, 2018, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Today I am seeing a play, "Children of a Lesser God". I wanted to see this last summesat the Berkshire Theater because it stars Joshua Jackson from "Fringe'.  I am very excited that it transferred to Broadway.
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

Connie, Mike and I got together for dinner. We forgot to get photographic evidence.
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

You should ALWAYS take a photo when Sondheads get together. ;) 
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Gordonb

Quote from: DiveMilw on Mar 23, 2018, 10:24 AMToday I am seeing a play, "Children of a Lesser God". I wanted to see this last summesat the Berkshire Theater because it stars Joshua Jackson from "Fringe'.  I am very excited that it transferred to Broadway.
I saw that, a lifetime ago, at the Mermaid Theatre in London with Trevor Eve and Elizabeth Quinn (I think she created the role). On checking I notice that it wasn't quite a lifetime ago - only 1981!

Chris L

Quote from: Gordonb on Mar 24, 2018, 10:12 AMOn checking I notice that it wasn't quite a lifetime ago - only 1981!
That would be a 36-year-old's lifetime. Unfortunately, both of us are older than 36!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Leighton

I saw Caroline, or Change at the Hampstead Theatre today.  My god, it was exceptional. 
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

AmyG

Quote from: Gordonb on Mar 24, 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote from: DiveMilw on Mar 23, 2018, 10:24 AMToday I am seeing a play, "Children of a Lesser God". I wanted to see this last summesat the Berkshire Theater because it stars Joshua Jackson from "Fringe'.  I am very excited that it transferred to Broadway.
I saw that, a lifetime ago, at the Mermaid Theatre in London with Trevor Eve and Elizabeth Quinn (I think she created the role). On checking I notice that it wasn't quite a lifetime ago - only 1981!
I saw it a lifetime ago plus 2 years in its place of origin, the Mark Taper Forum in LA. The actress who originated the role was Phyllis Frelich. I did not remember the name but I remember how good she was. There's only room for one deaf star and Marlee Matlin eclipsed her when the movie came out. John Rubinstein, son of Arthur Rubinstein also starred. They both went to Broadway with it and won Tony Awards.

Gordonb

Quote from: AmyG on Mar 24, 2018, 03:53 PM
Quote from: Gordonb on Mar 24, 2018, 10:12 AM
I saw it a lifetime ago plus 2 years in its place of origin, the Mark Taper Forum in LA. The actress who originated the role was Phyllis Frelich. I did not remember the name but I remember how good she was. There's only room for one deaf star and Marlee Matlin eclipsed her when the movie came out. John Rubinstein, son of Arthur Rubinstein also starred. They both went to Broadway with it and won Tony Awards.

So many lifetimes eh? I stand corrected about who originated the role but to be honest I don't remember much about it. Back in those days when it was cheap(ish) I was theatrically rather promiscuous and saw everything - these days much more restrained.