15 August 2021 HOT Sunday

Started by KathyB, Aug 15, 2021, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

We went on a long walk this morning and it wasn't too bad. We went on another shorter walk this afternoon and it was very hot. At least the air quality isn't nearly as bad as it was last week, although it's still not great for people with respiratory conditions. I think this means I can open my windows at night again. My great plans for the rest of the day include spending time indoors in air conditioning. Maybe do some laundry, and maybe go on another walk after the sun sets.

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch with a friend and they were out of onion rings, so we couldn't have the House Sampler appetizer platter. We couldn't even have it with something substituted for the onion rings, as their software wouldn't let anybody order it. That was frustrating, because we had gone there specifically for the House Sampler, but we had a nice quesadilla and some wings instead.

I have watched three sets of dogs and people walk by my window in the past five minutes, and I'm glad that Bernadette didn't see them, because she'd be barking furiously. She was busy chewing up a pair of my pajama pants to notice what was outside the window. I believe I can fix this pair, unlike all of the other pairs she's destroyed.