16-AUG-17 I Blame BBC, PBS & Netflix

Started by DiveMilw, Aug 16, 2017, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I could have been productive today but thanks to a conspiracy of the above named companies I was not.  I've spent the better part of the day re-watching "The Great British Baking Show" as it is known in the USA.  It is so addicting.  The contestants are wonderful.  The baking is incredible.  Mel & Sue are delightful.  Paul & Mary are a joy.  And it is not over, as soon as I post this I shall return to the gang and their sweet dough creations. 

EDIT:  Whoever designed the tent did a perfect job.  When I first saw the show I thought baking in a tent was ridiculous.  Now I wouldn't have it any other way. 
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Our PBS station is in the middle of a two-week pledge drive. Aargh.  :P

(Let us all hope that it's two weeks rather than three weeks.)

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Aug 16, 2017, 06:52 PMOur PBS station is in the middle of a two-week pledge drive. Aargh.  :P

(Let us all hope that it's two weeks rather than three weeks.)
Two week pledge drive.....ugh.  I guess they are a necessary evil.  I don't watch PBS on the TV much any more mostly because I don't watch much TV on the TV any more.  I do the majority of my TV watching on my computer.  If a show isn't available to stream on one of the streaming platforms to which I subscribe I don't watch it.  
I no longer long for the old view!

MartinG

Quote from: DiveMilw on Aug 16, 2017, 05:35 PMThe contestants are wonderful.  The baking is incredible.  Mel & Sue are delightful.  Paul & Mary are a joy. 
We're still contemplating boycotting its new Channel 4 incarnation next week sans Mel, Sue and Mary.  I know it seems mean-spirited but how can it be anything but disappointing?  :(
Morals tomorrow

Bobster

@DiveMilw Look on YouTube as well; I found Mary's "new" series there along with the past year's Christmas Bake Off shows.  Lovely.