20-JAN-18 Instant Pot Cooking Day

Started by DiveMilw, Jan 20, 2018, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I'm making two meals in my Instant Pot today.   See the cooking thread for details.  I'd better get started because even with the quicker cooking times of a pressure cooker one of the recipes takes 90 mins.  
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

I've been cooking my little heart out for the past 2.5 hours.  The Butter Chicken is on the table.  I think it turned out OK.  I skimped on the butter using only 2 oz (1/2 stick) instead of 4 oz since I used skin on chicken thighs and there was some chicken fat in the sauce. 

The pork belly is in the Instant Pot for 40 mins.  Then I'll release the pressure, turn it over and continue to cook for an additional 40 mins.  I might make that cook only 35 mins because I doubled the amount of cooking liquid and it will take longer to come up to pressure the first time around.  In hindsight I should have brought the cooking liquid up to at least a simmer before I added to pork belly. (You can easily do this by using the "saute" feature on the IP (Instant Pot).    I'll have to keep that in mind if there is a next time. 

Oops! - I thought I was posting this in the cooking thread.  I'm going to cross-post it there as well. 
I no longer long for the old view!