28 March 2023 The joys of home ownership

Started by KathyB, Mar 28, 2023, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I finally got my bathroom sink replaced. The old one had a number of pits and places where the enamel was coming off. While he was here, the handyperson looked at my water heater, which may be going out (I truly hope not), and adjusted my toilet, which he thinks actually has some sort of obstruction. I have three ancient toilets, so I'm thinking it would be a good idea to replace them with the new, efficient kind that uses a teeny amount of water per flush. I've got to see about the water heater first. I haven't had really warm water for three days, and I had to relight the pilot light on Sunday. We adjusted the temperature, but it's still blinking out a cryptic message in its pattern of lights. If I need to get a new water heater, he'll install it for $400 and pick it up from Home Depot for me if I purchase it first. (I'm really hoping that I don't need a new one. Mine is 10 and a half years old.)

B. was inside her crate the entire time the handyperson was here, and she was barking almost the entire time.

Did I mention how much I don't want to get a new water heater?