24 March 2019 Sunday procrastination

Started by KathyB, Mar 24, 2019, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I am trying to work on the logo project that came to me yesterday, but I am feeling like doing anything but that. Even cleaning my house is running across my mind. I am just not in the mood for working right now. I just shredded a whole bunch of paper, and it was satisfying, but didn't waste nearly as much time as I thought it would. :))

DiveMilw

Today we celebrated Qingming or Tomb Sweeping day.  There were a LOT of families out taking advantage of the nice weather.  The official day isn't for a couple of weeks but the cemetery was pretty crowded.  (The cemetery has a large Chinese section.)  It was very nice to see (living) family members and learn a little more about the traditions.  This time I learned how to set the "table" (we use a vinyl tablecloth because we lay it on the ground which is usually damp) in front of the gravestone.  In case you're wondering you position everything as if the deceased are sitting facing away from the tombstone.  Although we don't use them, we heard quite a few bursts of firecrackers.  The festival made me decide that I should visit my paternal grandparents graves when I visit WI next month. 

The best part of the day is when we go out for lunch after we are done.  Today we went to the new Joyful Gardens.  They moved from their previous location over a year ago and I haven't been to the new place until today.  The food was as delicious as always and as a treat we had dim sum with the addition of a couple of other dishes. 
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

OH!!  I almost forgot.  I also learned that some of today's hearing aids have build in bluetooth so you can connect to your phone!  You can listen to music from your phone without turning on the speaker.  And, more importantly, you can have your phone calls route directly to your hearing aid.  This is especially helpful when you are in a noisy environment.  You still have to speak into your phone for the other person to hear you.  I imagine that you could set this up with anything bluetooth.  You could watch TV while your spouse watches something on a tablet and be in the same room without competing sound.
I no longer long for the old view!