18 March 2018 Sunny Sunday

Started by KathyB, Mar 18, 2018, 08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It's sunny and somewhat cold outside, but it's expected to get into the 60s F today. I am working on income taxes.  :P I don't think I have all my statements yet, so tomorrow I get to call companies to ask if they're sending me something. Today I am working on business expenses, which is exactly as fun as it sounds. I am looking for ways to procrastinate. I will probably end up doing laundry.

I hope everyone else is having a much more fun weekend!

KathyB

Not sunny any more. We just got some rain, with some thunder, and it's now snowing. Although it was about 60°F earlier today.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Mar 18, 2018, 05:11 PMNot sunny any more. We just got some rain, with some thunder, and it's now snowing. Although it was about 60°F earlier today.
Good Grief!!  We had that but the rain and snow happened on consecutive days.  (The thunder happened along with lightening while it was snowing.  That happened a week and a half ago.)
Today was sunny, windy and cool.  There is a possibility of yet another Nor'Easter coming through next week.  I'm hoping that storm system heads out to sea.  I'm kind of over the storms and I'd like the weather to be nice for Connie's trip to NYC.
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

We've been getting rain in the evening, not strong enough to be destructive but a pleasant sound on the roof. I've gotten to where I really appreciate the sound of rain because (a) it's so rare here most of the year and (b) it's the closest thing I'm going to get to snow. Also, listening to the rain reminds me of the times in my childhood when I'd hope for heavy rain because I loved the sound it made on the aluminum awning outside my bedroom, which helped me sleep. Later I discovered that the sound of a floor fan was at least as good at helping me sleep -- I need the soothing white noise to turn off my brain -- but was a lot more dependable than rain.

Still love that sound of rain, though.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?