10 May 2024 Dishwasher Day at long last

Started by KathyB, May 10, 2024, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Third time's a charm. I finally got my new dishwasher installed today after being told last Saturday that it couldn't be installed until I had an electrician put in a dedicated 110V outlet for a dishwasher. So now I have the proper setup for a new dishwasher, and am out an additional $300-something.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it was installed correctly because there was a language barrier between the installers and me (I don't speak Spanish  :( ) They did show me that it was working by turning on a setting, but no one actually showed me how to use it. They didn't put any of my stuff from the under-sink cabinet away, either, leaving it up to me with my arm in a sling.  I got the impression they just wanted to be out of there quickly. I feel like I'm Archie Bunker or something, and I hate feeling like this, but we truly could not understand each other.  :(

I feel terrible. Maybe I'll take a nap before Physical Therapy comes.

scenicdesign71

Here's a shameful confession, in case it makes you feel any better: in almost twenty years of living in Washington Heights, I haven't learned a single word of Spanish.

:(