13 April 2022 There's an app for that

Started by KathyB, Apr 13, 2022, 02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I just came back from Petco, where I spent about 20 minutes checking out because they no longer automatically redeem rewards points. You now have to load the points on their app to get the rewards, which the associate acknowledged was a pain in the butt. Since there was no one behind me in line at the time, the associate encouraged me to download the app there. I spent at least three minutes watching a spinning icon while my phone didn't connect to the App Store. When I finally was able to get on, it took another three minutes to download the app, and then it asked me for information on my pet before I could go any farther. So I spent time inputting information on Bernadette and uploading a photo, and then I had to link the information to my already-set-up account. By that time there was a line of people behind me, but it was someone else who was holding up the line. (Somebody wanted to return something but didn't have the credit card that the something was purchased on with her.) And then it wasn't clear exactly how to load the points, but I managed to figure it out and load them and save $5 on a bag of dog food.

Aargh.