9 December 2019 Long, cold Monday

Started by KathyB, Dec 09, 2019, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

After it got to 65 degrees F here on Saturday and somewhere around 50 degrees yesterday, it's not supposed to get any warmer than 35 degrees today. Today seems even longer than Friday was. It definitely feels like it should be past noon by now, but it's only 10:45.  :(

Happy birthday to Dame Judi Dench, John Malkovich and Joshua Bell.

DiveMilw

We are having your weather today, Kathy!  Temps were expected to get up into the mid 50s today and the high 50s tomorrow.  Then on Wednesday we are supposed to get snow.  Today has been spooky because the warm air has been interacting with the cold ground and snow to produce an eerie fog.  It reminds me of Stephen King's "The Mist".  

Due to the weather (and being hungry and needing to use a box of Trader Joe's Gingerbread Baking Mix I bought a couple of years ago) I decided today was a perfect day to make Gingerbread Waffles.  I mixed the baking mix using the cookie instructions, added about 1/2 cup water to get the batter thinned out and heated up the waffle iron.  I think they turned out pretty well.  They aren't fancy but they do make a good snack.
I no longer long for the old view!