25 November 2021 Scampi Thursday

Started by KathyB, Nov 25, 2021, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I made shrimp scampi for Thanksgiving linner, and once I got everything prepared, it went very smoothly. There were some time-consuming parts of preparation, such as chopping the parsley and patting two pounds of defrosted shrimp dry. And someone has been going through the kitchen trash and dragging out the remains of paper towels and eating them.  :dog:  If I had shrimp shells, I would give them to her, but I went the easy way and got a bag of peeled and deveined shrimp from Costco.

I still haven't gotten the menorah candles. When I went to King Soopers #2 on Tuesday and asked the customer service representative, she took me first to kosher foods and then to holiday stuff, and finally asked her supervisor, who said that due to the supply chain issues, they didn't get any menorah candles yet, and I could check back later in the week. At least I was able to ask someone. At King Soopers #1, their customer service line always has at least 15 people in it, so I was shocked when there was absolutely NO ONE waiting in line at KS#2.