25-APR-18 Angels

Started by DiveMilw, Apr 25, 2018, 05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Today I will attempt to see both parts of "Angels in America" without falling asleep (because I'm old and my bedtime is right around when Part 2 starts). 7.5 hours of theater in two sittings.  There is a nice break for dinner.  I have never seen the show, not even the HBO version.  I'm assuming it will be similar to this:

I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

So, we all want to know (well, at least I want to know): How was it?

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Apr 26, 2018, 03:47 PMSo, we all want to know (well, at least I want to know): How was it?
It was wonderful!!  I highly recommend it to everyone.  At some point I'm going to watch the HBO version.  I was going to do that yesterday but I decided to wait a while and let what I just saw percolate and set in my mind.  
It still packs a wallop today but I wish I could have seen it when it was first performed.  I can understand why it received the accolades it did.  One thing I loved was that there are a lot of concepts which get monologues to explain them.  The monologues are easy to follow and don't slow down the pacing of the show.  The total 7.5 hours I spent in the theater flew by.    
I no longer long for the old view!