16 February 2019 Happy Saturday!

Started by KathyB, Feb 16, 2019, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I just woke up from a nap, so I'm feeling slightly disoriented. There is also a  dusting of snow on the ground, which is further disorienting, because it was sunny when I went to sleep and because we weren't supposed to get snow until tomorrow evening. I am going to try to wake up some while folding the laundry.

DiveMilw

Wow, Kathy!  That would totally throw me off and have me wondering if I somehow slept through an entire day.   ::)

I folding laundry got you centered again  :)
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

I've been having disorienting wake-ups a lot lately.  Not bad ones -- I usually feel very well-rested when this happens -- but odd, because I'm not always immediately sure how long I've actually slept; and briefly alarming, if I'm under the temporary misimpression of being late for work.  (And yeah, more than once it's even had me confused enough to imagine, in my half-awake state, that I might've actually slept through an entire day!).

I've been experimenting lately with going to bed really early, like 7pm or 8pm, and then getting up really early, like 3am, so that I have a couple hours to myself before leaving at 5:15am to get to the studio by 6.

Sometimes I'll wake up after just a few hours, say at 11pm, and then go back to sleep (usually without too much difficulty).  Sometimes I'll wake up at 2am, and either stay up or go back to sleep for another hour or two.  But regardless, I've been trying to keep a consistent bedtime of around 8pm, give or take (no more than) an hour.

All of which is completely contrary to my night-owl nature (not to mention my hopelessly un-punctual nature, which for my entire adult life has been Exhibit A -- first if not greatest -- among my difficulties as a freelancer).  It does sometimes feel peculiar and disorienting, though not at all unpleasant.

Chris L

Having a night-owl nature myself, I frequently do the going to bed early/getting up in the middle of the night routine myself. Last night I went to bed just after seven and got up at 1 a.m., though I'm not sure I slept all that time. I didn't get back to sleep until 9 a.m. and got back up at 1 p.m. God knows when I'll sleep tonight.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Chris L

Quote from: KathyB on Feb 16, 2019, 03:12 PMI just woke up from a nap, so I'm feeling slightly disoriented. There is also a  dusting of snow on the ground, which is further disorienting, because it was sunny when I went to sleep and because we weren't supposed to get snow until tomorrow evening. I am going to try to wake up some while folding the laundry.
There's another winter storm sweeping down tonight from the Arctic into much of the U.S. I have no idea what effect it will have on Southern California, though I see that another rainy day is forecast tomorrow for Long Beach, something that's been happening quite a lot this winter. Rain is our version of snow. And temperatures have fallen as low as the upper 30s in recent weeks, which is our version of Arctic.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?