10-Feb-18 Winter Olympics!!!

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 10, 2018, 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

The winter Olympics opened yesterday. Hope I get many chances to watch this year. What is your favorite Olympicc sport/event to watch?
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I enjoy watching speed skating, figure skating, and hockey. One of our DU Pioneers is on the men's hockey team. And Colorado got the first U.S. gold medal of the Games!

I actually like all of it; there's no one sport I really can't stand in the Winter Games, such as beach volleyball.

AmyG

I really like the skating. It's so beautiful. I don't give two hoots about who wins though. I just enjoy watching. It's an opinion sport so I take the panel's decision with a grain of salt. 

And I don't really enjoy watching most racing but the slalom skiing is really cool. 

Not a fan curling.

Chris L

Back when I used to watch the Winter Olympics regularly, I also used to enjoy the ice skating, even the ice dancing, because it came about as close to what ballet is trying to be as earth's gravitational field allows. (I suspect, however, that if I ever had any macho cred on this board, I've just destroyed it. ;) )
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

nulipp

I tend to prefer the solo events - man against the elements kind of stuff - as opposed to team events like hockey, basketball, etc (not those where individual performances contribute to a team score).  Figure skating and most of the downhill stuff on ice or snow are my thing for the Winter games.  I love that you can turn them on at just about any time and there's always an event to watch.
I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not.