2 March 2018 I want a bagel

Started by KathyB, Mar 02, 2018, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I may have to go out and get a bagel this morning, because I'm really craving one. That has been my day so far. No theme whatsoever to the day. (Unless hunger is a theme.)

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm seeing a play called "The Great Leap" this weekend. It's about basketball.

DiveMilw

What kind of bagel were you craving, Kathy?  Did you get a bagel?  

I wasn't craving anything in particular today but I did decide to get another couple of pairs of compression stockings.  I got one pair about a year ago to see how I liked them.  At my age and with a job that requires me to stand most of the day these things are a game changer. My ankles aren't as swollen, my feet don't hurt and my legs aren't tired at the end of the day when I wear them.  These benefits sometimes carry over into the next day.  I finally got two more pairs and can't wait to use them more than once a week.  I also wear them when I fly.  My feet used to swell up or do something else to make me somewhat uncomfortable while at altitude.  I was always wanting to take off my shoes.  When I wear the compression stockings I don't get that feeling.  Fortunately/unfortunately, I don't need a compression strength which my medical insurance will cover.  But I can get reimbursed by my FSA (Flexible Savings Account) so the cost isn't as bad as it might be otherwise. Even if I didn't get reimbursed the cost is worth the benefit.  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I was craving an everything bagel with plain cream cheese, from Rosenberg's Bagels. I ended up not getting one, which will, I'm sure, mean even greater cravings on Monday.