31-MAR-23 Weekend Cleanup

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 31, 2023, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

This weekend my brother, his wife, and I will go through the stuff in the basement and attic of the house in CT.  We will sort through things to be donated, things to be tossed, and things to be saved.  I am not looking forward to this.  I might be fine emotionally or I might not.  We shall see what happens.  For now, I need to pack and get to bed.  For some reason that made sense at the time, I picked a 5AM flight.  :-[ Stupid, stupid me.   ;D  I am sure it is because the flight that leaves at a more humane 7AM was higher in price and also because it gets into CT two hours later.  (I decided to buy a ticket for this trip just to make sure I get there and back on schedule.)  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I have a new family member. Her name is Rheem and she holds 50 gallons. She was installed yesterday. There was some scary-looking sludge/sediment/whatever coming out of the old water heater when it was drained. I saved some of it. My handyperson says I should take it to the city water department and find out what it is, because he's never seen anything like that in a water heater before. I'd just as soon throw it out, to be honest. I'm not sure what the procedure is for taking gunk in to a city department, and I'm guessing I won't find very much online about that.

5 a.m. sounds like a horrible time to fly, but I guess it's not much different from taking a redeye. Maybe.