12-JUN-20 Happy Friday!!

Started by DiveMilw, Jun 12, 2020, 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

After a false start yesterday, (for some reason I thought it was Friday on Thursday when I was first waking up) it is actually Friday.  Weather Kitty says it is going to be another hot day with a high of 84 degrees and humidity at 91%.  On days like today I am glad to be working in an air conditioned building.  

Hope your day is comfortable!!
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

My six-year-old A/C gave up the ghost the day before yesterday, and the new one I ordered to replace it isn't due to arrive until Tuesday.  So I'm considering Ubering out to a friend's place in Nassau for a socially-distanced (and air-conditioned) weekend at her new studio space -- which is also equipped with an air mattress that she's been inviting me to make use of ever since she got the place, shortly before the shutdown.

Tom -- I HEARTILY agree that each taco should be two tacos, but I'm curious: is this undeniable truism a quote from somewhere, or a pithy observation of your very own?  (Either way, I'm happy you're spreading the word!!  With the political will, I think doubling the world's taco supply is totally an attainable goal.  And I will almost certainly require Chipotle for lunch today, immediately following an obligatory 1.5-hour nap until it opens).

scenicdesign71

Okay, dinner, not lunch; but the same applies, with the prescribed nap for added piquancy.
Delivery was somehow super speedy, even at what I'd assume is Chipotle's and Postmates' busiest time of day, pandemic or no.

Yum.  This taco is actually three tacos, so... that certainly does not suck.

DiveMilw

Quote from: scenicdesign71 on Jun 12, 2020, 06:32 AMTom -- I HEARTILY agree that each taco should be two tacos, but I'm curious: is this undeniable truism a quote from somewhere, or a pithy observation of your very own?  (Either way, I'm happy you're spreading the word!!  With the political will, I think doubling the world's taco supply is totally an attainable goal.  And I will almost certainly require Chipotle for lunch today, immediately following an obligatory 1.5-hour nap until it opens).

LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!!!!

My friend, Colleen, was vacationing somewhere last year with her son.  It might have been Abu Dhabi. She ordered 3 tacos.  The waiter brought out 3 tacos.  She and her son ate the three tacos.  The waiter then brought out 3 more.  Colleen tried to tell him they had already gotten their order of tacos.  The waiter eventually was able to explain that one order of tacos consists of 2 tacos.

Also, you should go spend a few days visiting your friend and staying cool.  Weather Kitty claims temps will drop into the 70s starting tomorrow but Weather Kitty isn't always right.   :cat:
I no longer long for the old view!