01-NOV-21 Gordon's Favorite Day of the Year

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 01, 2021, 08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It's the day Halloween candy goes on sale!!
Mom said we didn't have nearly as many trick or treaters as we usually get.  Towards the end she started giving out extra candy but we still have quite a bit left.  It's all coming into work with me so I can't be tempted to eat it.  I have to loose a few pounds in the next month to ensure I fit on the Velocicoaster at the beginning of December.   :)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I personally think that there's a better selection on the day after Easter, both in terms of quantity and of quality. I've found Godiva bunnies at Target on the day after Easter. Regardless, I should still stop at Walgreens to see if they've got anything (they usually don't on the Days After--Target is a much better place to go).

I just got back from buying a bunch of junk food at Costco. The most nutritious thing I got was the ravioli, followed, in descending order, by the Lucky Charms, the peppermint bark pretzels, the two bags of various popcorn, and the Lindt truffles.

DiveMilw

I refuse to let myself even consider looking at the bag of peppermint bark pretzels.  I know what will happen if one comes home with me.......it will be lucky to see the next day.  I am, however, keeping my eye on the Lindt truffles.  When/If they go on sale I will get a bag or two for my mother.

KathyB

Quote from: DiveMilw on Nov 02, 2021, 02:18 PMI am, however, keeping my eye on the Lindt truffles.  When/If they go on sale I will get a bag or two for my mother.
You're in luck--they're on sale ($3 off) until November 21.

I bought three bags of the peppermint bark pretzels because that's how many bags I went through last year.  :-[

DiveMilw

I bought my mom two bags of truffles today.  I also steered clear of the pretzels because I saw that they were only $4.99 a bag!  For about 1 nanosecond I thought about buying a bag to bring into work.  The reality would have been, at most, a half bag brought into work tomorrow morning so I continued to resist.    ;D