20 October 2019 Sunday

Started by KathyB, Oct 20, 2019, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It's Sunday, and I did not get spring rolls for lunch as I had the past two Sundays. Instead I went to Chipotle. I've had a fairly mellow weekend, largely because my client never did send me the material to work on their newsletter, which means this upcoming week is going to be extremely hectic but today I'm sitting around with time to go to Chipotle and watch season 2 of Fleabag. Which I very much enjoyed.

The wind has whipped up today like another cold front is coming through. It's blown all the leaves off the trees. Hopefully it's not about to snow again.

scenicdesign71

Chipotle AND Fleabag S2!  That sounds like a perfect Sunday!  :)

Thoughts, please?  (About any, all, or the combination thereof; Sunday would be the perfect day to watch F-S2, for obvious reasons, but the piquant addition of Chipotle to that pairing makes it more intriguing).

After sleeping off yesterday's mural-painting all-nighter until earlyish afternoon, I essentially did nothing all day.  Ordered in Chinese, which turned out to be disappointing; I had actually thought about Chipotle earlier myself, and in retrospect wish I'd gone with my first instinct.

And I did chat with a dear friend who had some VERY exciting -- like, life-changing -- news.  Since he hasn't announced anything on social media yet, I won't say more for now, but it brightened my day.

KathyB

I had Chinese on Saturday from the place across the street, so Chinese did make it into my rotation over the weekend.

My usual at Chipotle is a carnitas bowl with brown rice and black beans, topped with cheese, two types of salsa and lettuce. Hopefully enough lettuce so that I can consider it a sort-of salad. Yesterday I changed up and had chicken instead of carnitas.

And, like you, I enjoyed season two even more than season one, which I thought was great. Didn't even think about the appropriateness of the day until just now. I would love to see a season 3, and would especially enjoy seeing how the statue would further figure into the plot.

DiveMilw

On Sunday I got together with the (mostly) Chinese side of my family.  Surprisingly, we did not have Chinese food.  Exception - just remembered one of my aunts brought some Chinese desserts.  We had shrimp, 3 cheeses and crackers, and veggies & dip for appetizers.  Then we had grilled chicken (marinated in Hosen sauce - but that hardly counts as Chinese ;) ), rib eye, a kale salad, grilled mushrooms, and rice pilaf for dinner.  And the aforementioned Chinese dessert bars as well as two kinds of ice cream, pumpkin pie, and a white cake with strawberry mouse and, weirdly, a cream cheese frosting.  There was also a Boston Cream pie we didn't even start to eat.  Some of the attendees had formula in bottles as well as solid food.  They are 13 months old so that is to be expected.   ;D
I no longer long for the old view!