16-Oct-22 Sunday

Started by DiveMilw, Oct 16, 2022, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I spent the day exploring my new home metropolitan area. I saw all the big sites. IKEA, Aldi's, CVS, Costco, and I even drove past the football stadium. Based on the noise coming from the upstairs apartment the cowboys are playing tonight. I got lucky in that they are either playing and away game or I drove past too early for tailgating to have started taking place. If it was the latter, then they are much different than packer fans who would have been partying it up since late morning.
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

PS. The apartment upstairs wasn't making a lot of noise. There was just brief moments of yelling in either anguish or elation. 😄
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I saw The Chinese Lady this evening, and I drove to the theatre downtown for the first time in at least 15 years. It only cost $10 to park, which is less than taking the light rail. (I had thought it cost $20 to park.) The play was good, although not something I'm likely to remember long-term. I think it would have benefitted greatly from a talkback afterwards, which I was supposed to see when I was originally supposed to go. The set was lovely, although the show didn't really make much use of the set. I'm interested in how other regional productions have staged this show--it seemed like the kind of show that could also be effective on a bare stage.

I see Much Ado About Nothing next Saturday, and then I have three more performances to schedule out of four remaining plays. (Laughs in Spanish, Hotter Than Egypt, The Color Purple and The 39 Steps.) I'm going to try to see the shows with talkbacks after them.