17 January 2023 Slushy Wednesday

Started by KathyB, Jan 17, 2024, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It is 46°F outside, and we are getting all kinds of melting. I'm not sure that the dog likes going out in slush any more than she likes going out in single degree temperatures. I think I'd rather go out in the cold than worry about every step, and if it's going to be solid enough to step on. This morning, I almost slipped on a couple patches of ice, and by now they are ice with a top layer of water and slush.

Compared to the past few days, it's like a sauna. I don't think it got above ten degrees any of those days.

I got chicken and broccoli for late lunch today.

DiveMilw

I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Third time out, Here We Are was more delightful than ever — but the weather less so, even at a clear, dry twentyish degrees (feeling, to us at least, more like ten).  The oblique viewing angle was indeed exciting: not far enough over to cause any sightline issues, but enough to pop the thrust design and staging into dynamic 3D.  Sound is still just imperfect-enough to be mildly frustrating (fewer missed words tonight, but still sometimes harshly overamplified and unclear where voices are coming from).  But everything still looks great, and the performances have settled into a marvelous groove.  I really wish this would run for longer and/or be captured for TV/streaming — and I'm more excited and curious than ever for the cast recording, which, given the show's relatively few actual songs, ought hopefully to include generous dollops of Ives's dialogue and all of Tunick's underscoring.