21-Dec-22 Brrrrr

Started by DiveMilw, Dec 21, 2022, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It gets cold in Texas!!  We have wind chill advisories down to -15 until Friday morning.  And then I'm traveling to VT for Christmas where it might be even colder.  I've already gotten used to temps in the 40s being "cold".  But it will be nice to see snow....that I don't have to shovel.   :)) :)) :))
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

We have a wind chill advisory (or something like that) because the temperature is supposed to get down to -10 or so, with the wind causing a wind chill of -30. I am still going to have to take the dog for a walk tomorrow, though. I guess the two of us will see how it goes.

Our HOA switched trash companies this week, and the new trash company brought every address in the complex two enormous bins for trash and recycling. They are so large that I can't fit both them and my car in my garage at the same time. Apparently this is the industry standard, but the industry doesn't really fit in with a bunch of townhouses with single-car garages. Right now I have the two bins in my backyard, but it wasn't easy to get them there, and it's not a sustainable solution. Maybe I can put my trash in my next-door neighbor's bins. It's not like I have a ton of trash. (My next-door neighbor parks his truck in his driveway, so he's got room in his garage for the bins. At least theoretically.)