05-AUG-18 Sunday, It's Hot Up Here

Started by DiveMilw, Aug 05, 2018, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

The forecast for today predicted temperatures with a high of 91/32 and "real feel" of 96/35.5.  It doesn't feel quite that hot out although it can get uncomfortable if you are in the direct sunlight for too long.  That has not stopped me from blasting the window air conditioner in my bedroom.  

And work today was monotonous when compared to the last two days.  Due to weather in the North East section of the USA and maintenance issues starting on Thursday our flights were full and oversold.  That meant quite a bit of craziness, especially yesterday morning.  But this morning was smooth sailing with only two flights oversold and those were only over by 1 & 2 passengers each.  Plus, we were more than fully staffed.  I was an "extra" person, meaning in addition to our normal staffing.  That allowed me to be the "gopher" and hop from flight to flight as needed.  I also could work on various restocking issues which we haven't been able to address because it has been so hectic.  So today was a good day and that's why.  
I no longer long for the old view!