18-FEB-19 Low Bar Surpassed!

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 18, 2019, 06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Who knew one could snow blow and shovel BEFORE leaving for work?!?  I managed to get up early this morning and clear the snow from the driveway and sidewalks.  This was mostly because I didn't wish to do it when I get home at 9 PM tonight or put it off until tomorrow.  We have a bit of pedestrian traffic and I didn't want the sidewalks to be icy.  I don't think we got nearly as much snow as predicted.  That helped take down the time I was outside to about 30 minutes.  Now it's time to get ready for work and face a day of completely full flights, oversold flights, and stressed out travelers.  Oh the glamorous life of the travel professional!  8)
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

#SnowBlowFail
I didn't surpass the low bar after all.  After I posted the above my mom reminded me that I should have done the neighbor's sidewalk as well.  I usually do on the every few occasions when I get out there before them.  I can only think that I didn't do it this morning because I was worried about the time.  They nearly always snow blow our front sidewalk for us so I'm actually upset about this.  I might have time to "sneak" back out before I leave for work and do it.....if I get off the computer.  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

We didn't get nearly as much snow as expected either. We got maybe half an inch. It's been pretending to snow for the past hour, but nothing is really coming down. Of course, the weather gods could get their act together any time, and we could end up with several inches on the ground in time for rush hour tomorrow. It is quite cold outside, so that part of the forecast was correct.