19-AUG-20 Wet Wednesday

Started by DiveMilw, Aug 19, 2020, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Actually, it's really Damp Wednesday.  It was sprinkling rain earlier but I think it stopped now.  I thought I'd have an excuse to go out and pull some weeds from the lawn but I guess I don't.  :'( :'( :'(  ;D

I've had a productive day.  I changed by flexible spending account annual amount.  Normally you can't change mid-year but COVID has created an exception. In anticipation of getting bumped down to part-time in October I lowered my total contribution.  I also raised my 401K percentage so I will continue to have slightly lower taxable income and more money going towards my eventual retirement.

We borrowed a neighbor's lawn mower and both the front and back yards have been mowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like the mower.  It's an electric mulching mower.  It did a much better job at mulching than our older mulching mower did.  You could barely see the bits of grass despite how long it was in some places.  And the mower was very light and maneuverable.  Our old electric mower was light but it had a cord.  This one has a battery and was still extremely easy to push and turn.  Honestly, it was nicer to use than the gas powered mower we have now (and that probably needs a thorough carburetor cleaning in order to get it working again).
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

We need rain badly. The wildfires are growing larger, and there's no relief in sight from the hot, dry conditions. :(

Congratulations on getting the lawns mowed!