21 June 2019 Happy solstice

Started by KathyB, Jun 21, 2019, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

For the people who live in the Northern Hemisphere, happy summer! For the people who live in the Southern Hemisphere, happy winter! We are getting thunderstorms today, and it's supposed to be a cool weekend, which is just fine by me. 

How about this piece of trivia: Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross were each born on this day in 1947. Also, happy birthday to Prince William, Chris Pratt and Juliette Lewis.

DiveMilw

Wizards Unite!
So who is playing the new Harry Potter game on your phone?  I learned about it from a couple of FTCers.  Anyone else playing?
My friend code is 4147 5782 3317, in case you'd like to join me. 
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

This has been an exciting week, but an exhausting one, and not without its disagreeable moments. (Painting outside in a downpour, more than once over the course of the week, was equal parts ridiculous and frustrating).  My weekend plans are still in flux, but after catching up on some sleep, I have to say a nice lazy Netflix binge-fest sounds tempting even though the weather's supposed to be gorgeous.

Given the season, perhaps the new Tales of the City would be appropriate -- or Pose, which I've been meaning to watch but haven't yet gotten around to (though I did re-watch Paris Is Burning a few weekends ago, in anticipation of finally getting to Pose soonish).

On the other hand, a free-HBO period that was supposed to have ended recently mysteriously didn't -- but who knows how long that will last (so far it's been lingering for almost a full extra week) -- so maybe I should try and squeeze in S2 of The Deuce (whose first season I loved); or even, if I'm feeling really shameless, S2 of Big Little Lies.

DiveMilw

Quote from: scenicdesign71 on Jun 21, 2019, 06:27 PMOn the other hand, a free-HBO period that was supposed to have ended recently mysteriously didn't -- but who knows how long that will last (so far it's been lingering for almost a full extra week) -- so maybe I should try and squeeze in S2 of The Deuce (whose first season I loved); or even, if I'm feeling really shameless, S2 of Big Little Lies.

Season 2 of The Deuce features our Mike in the most glorious costume EVER!
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

I chose (D), all of the above (almost):

Last night I watched the first two episodes of Pose.

Today I discovered that I had actually already watched almost half of The Deuce S2 previously (including the scene with Mike's glorious costume), so I went ahead and finished the season.

I caught the first two episodes of Tales of the City tonight.

And somewhere in there, I managed to both re-watch Original Cast Album: Company and finally see its Documentary Now parody, back-to-back.

All that, and I spent this (Saturday) morning visiting the Apple store with my mom to help her buy a new laptop, then out to lunch, and back to her place to transfer the contents of her old laptop onto the new one.

And the weekend's barely half over.  So I feel thoroughly justified in putting off Big Little Lies S2 for at least another week (if the HBO even ends up lasting that long).