23 June 2019 Sunday

Started by KathyB, Jun 23, 2019, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I missed my chance to see The Lego Movie Part Two outdoors last night because I fell asleep and completely forgot about it. The weather wasn't all that wonderful either, but that's an excuse. Next month, they're showing Captain Marvel, which I'm not too enthusiastic about.

I am listening to Buddy and Julie Miller's new album, Breakdown on 20th Ave. South, and so far I like it, although it's not up to the level of 2001's Buddy & Julie Miller, which is one of my desert island discs. (Along with the Sunday in the Park with George Original Broadway Cast and Herbert von Karajan's Beethoven's 9th Symphony.)

Gordonb

Quote from: KathyB on Jun 23, 2019, 10:40 AMI am listening to Buddy and Julie Miller's new album, Breakdown on 20th Ave. South, and so far I like it, although it's not up to the level of 2001's Buddy & Julie Miller, which is one of my desert island discs. (Along with the Sunday in the Park with George Original Broadway Cast and Herbert von Karajan's Beethoven's 9th Symphony.)
And the other 5 Kathy? And which one would you save? Which book, and your luxury item?

KathyB

Quote from: Gordonb on Jun 24, 2019, 05:51 AMAnd the other 5 Kathy? And which one would you save? Which book, and your luxury item?
Book: The Bible: even though I'm not particularly religious, it's got a lot of great stories in it, (most of which I'm not as familiar with as I'd like to be) and a lot of levels on which those stories can be studied.

Other discs: The Beatles' Abbey Road, Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, Whiskeytown's Strangers Almanac, Shawn Colvin's Steady On, The Gentle Side of John Coltrane, Blanche's If We Can't Trust the Doctors..., These tend to change around depending on my mood. Sunday and Beethoven's Ninth are the two that have stayed pretty consistent over the past few months, years, decades.

Luxury item: My computer, preferably the one with all the Bible study lectures on the hard drive :) If that's not possible, then an icemaker.

Gordonb

Quote from: KathyB on Jun 24, 2019, 08:55 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jun 24, 2019, 05:51 AMAnd the other 5 Kathy? And which one would you save? Which book, and your luxury item?
Book: The Bible: even though I'm not particularly religious, it's got a lot of great stories in it, (most of which I'm not as familiar with as I'd like to be) and a lot of levels on which those stories can be studied.

Other discs: The Beatles' Abbey Road, Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, Whiskeytown's Strangers Almanac, Shawn Colvin's Steady On, The Gentle Side of John Coltrane, Blanche's If We Can't Trust the Doctors..., These tend to change around depending on my mood. Sunday and Beethoven's Ninth are the two that have stayed pretty consistent over the past few months, years, decades.

Luxury item: My computer, preferably the one with all the Bible study lectures on the hard drive :) If that's not possible, then an icemaker.
You get the Bible and the complete works of Shakespeare so you need another book choice I'm afraid. I don't know if they'd allow your computer unless perhaps the content was strictly limited and controlled. Ice maker ... but presumably you won't have an unlimited supply of your favourite drink so unless you just want a glass of ice you might want to have another think about your luxury item!