4 April 2019 Thursday

Started by KathyB, Apr 04, 2019, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

If my e-mail is to be believed, it is National Burrito Day today. That is probably a holiday made up by Qdoba, but it worked, because it got me thinking of burritos for lunch, and I went out and got one. They weren't that busy, either.

Other than that, I can't find much that is happening today. It is the birthday of Robert Downey Jr. and Natasha Lyonne, along with a whole bunch of Canadian hockey players and Australian footballers. It is also Senegalese independence day and Angolan peace day.

scenicdesign71

Chipotle agrees, according to the text they sent me yesterday touting free delivery in honor of the "holiday".  So if it's made-up, it's an industry-wide conspiracy, which... well, yay consistency, I guess.  (I wasn't able to take advantage of the offer, but I'll probably grab a burrito when I get back into town, because yum).

Mme. Sec'y has wrapped for the season, but last week I worked for a few days on a new pilot (fun work: overpainting several oversized [reproduction] Goyas, for color-correction and brushstroke-y goodness, plus age, varnish and craquelure).  Now I'm in Montauk for a couple days working on some reshoots for a different show, and a few weeks from now I might be starting yet another painting gig, this one on a major new movie musical.  All of which sounds glamorous, but it's really, really not; even the Goyas weren't altogether as fun as they should've been, due largely to exhaustion (though time pressure played a role too).  I'm feeling apprehensive about diving into another several months of this without a real break since MS wrapped, and also guilty about feeling apprehensive.

Still, the ocean here really is sapphire blue, as Little Edie says.

[attach width=600 height=281 name=IMG_0766b.jpg type=image/jpeg]437[/attach]

Chris L

You did a marvelous job color correcting that ocean, @scenicdesign71.  I'd almost believe it was real. ;) 
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

scenicdesign71

Fixed it.   :))

Like I said, exhaustion.  Hopefully the Goyas came out a little less... overzealous.   ;)

Happy birthday, @Chris L !