10 March 2021 Sunshine snow

Started by KathyB, Mar 10, 2021, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

There is snow coming down while the sun is shining. The forecast is for rain and snow for the next three days, which I guess we need, but I hope it doesn't accumulate.

Happy Wednesday!

scenicdesign71

Gorgeous weather here, 50ish and sunny, rising to mid-60s tomorrow, which is keeping my week relatively cheerful even though I'm as ambivalent about work as ever.

To my absolute delight, my mom was able to get a vaccine appointment on Saturday that was both sooner and (geographically) closer than the one I'd previously found for her (which would've been at the Javits Center during rush hour -- easily an hour each way by cab from her apartment -- and wouldn't have happened for another two weeks).

So I was thrilled to be able to walk her down to the Armory, three blocks from me -- where I hope to eventually get my own jabs -- and lend moral support while she got hers.  (She got the Pfizer-flavored one, just like Sondheim!). Her second appointment is exactly three weeks from then, same time & place, and I can't even describe the load this has all lifted from my mind (or will have, two weeks after that, when the second shot has had time to kick in and give her full protection).

I'd done some puttering around searching for a sooner and/or more geographically safe-and-convenient slot, but to no avail; so I was tickled when she managed to find one herself online -- and then figured out how to cancel the Javits Ctr appointment so that someone else can use it.  For an 85-year-old technophobe, she manages okay.

:)