09-SEP-21 Sad Thursday

Started by DiveMilw, Sep 09, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

My mom just told me that one of her friends at the Senior Center passed away.  I didn't really know her.  A few times when I picked up "Grab & Go" kits for virtual activities the people at the Senior Center asked me if I would mind dropping off a kit for someone who didn't drive.  It was always that lady, whose name I can't remember.  Once she found out I was May's son, she would talk briefly about my mom and dad.  When she found out my Dad had passed away she sent us a card.  That was the extent of my interactions with her and yet I am sadden by the news.  She was very kind and I was hoping I'd be able to bring another kit to her if my work schedule allowed for it.  Please keep her family in your thoughts the next couple of days. 

The weather agrees with my mood today.  It's supposed to lightly rain on and off all day.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

:'( :( :'(

The weather here also agrees with my mood. We're supposed to have record highs for the next couple of days, and I feel grumpy and sleepy.

This morning I went to a book sale put on by the Friends of the Arapahoe County Libraries (or something similar to that). I came away with $25 worth of books (3 hardbacks, 6 trade paperbacks), and they had a lot of good titles. I recommended The Nix to some random person there, and she took a look at it and put it in her pile. (If I didn't have it on my Kindle, I would have bought it.)

Then I went to Costco and got some chicken dumplings, some Cheerios, some pork jerky and some dog treats. And a big container of pork rinds  :-[ that was on sale. I know these are bad for me, yet I love the stupid things. I am rationalizing it by telling myself that it's only once per year that I get something like this. I'm also storing the container out in the garage.

DiveMilw

A big container of pork rinds on sale at Costco?  I did not need to know about that!  I'm going to pretend that those are only on sale in your area, Kathy.  That way I will not be tempted to head to my Costco and look for them.   O:-)
I no longer long for the old view!