20-Jun-18 On Your Feet

Started by DiveMilw, Jun 20, 2018, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I can't believe June is nearly over. Once again time has flown by. Tonight I'm volunteering at the Bushnell for the tour of "On Your Feet". I'm going to miss the beginning of the show because I'm a patron guide in the lobby tonight. It should be a fun night. 
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

Quick review:  "On Your Feet" is not a piece of definitive theater but it has some nice moments and is fun to watch.  There are some really great, sexy dancers.  The two leads, Christie Prades (Gloria) and Mauricio Martinez (Emilio) are excellent.  Mauricio has a fantastic voice when the songs suit him.  I'd love to see him in a more traditional musical where he could soar.  His acting is hilarious in all the right ways for his character. 

The show is subtitled "The Emilio & Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical".  I will admit that way back when I thought Gloria married Emilio Estevez because I didn't hear the name correctly.  I will also place the blame on the fact that he was married to Paula Abdul for a couple of years and so connected him to pop music in my mind.   8)
I no longer long for the old view!