8 April 2019 Crash

Started by KathyB, Apr 08, 2019, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

As I was contemplating going to sleep last night, I heard this loud crash, which turned out to be the shelving unit near my dining area collapsing from all the books on it. And probably because it was in partial sunlight and because it was never specifically designed as a bookshelf. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has (17 years). So now I get to go bookshelf shopping, and I may be limited to "whatever fits in a pretty small car." I found one at Ikea but I don't know if it's going to fit in my car or not (haven't seen it in person), and I want to go to Target because it's a lot closer. Right now I've got piles of books all over half of the house.

DiveMilw

Oh no!  I hope nothing, besides the shelving unit, was badly damaged.   IKEA will sometimes deliver.  If you find a larger bookshelf there that you like maybe that will be an option. 

I'm "making" caramel buns.  That means I put the frozen buns in a pan and they are thawing/rising overnight and I will bake them in the morning.  They came in a log so I had to cut them apart and put the caramel sauce in the bottom of the baking dish so it's not as easy as pre-sliced cookie dough.  ;D

I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

The only thing that was badly damaged was a plastic model of a Porsche 911. It's probably fixable, because it fell apart in parts, rather than in chunks of broken plastic.

I found a bookshelf at Target today on sale for 15% off, and I got an additional 5% off by using my Target card. And it fit into my car. I'm not sure all the books are going to fit back on it, but I have a reason for getting rid of some of those books now. Do I really need the 1989 edition of What Color Is Your Parachute?

I'll spend Thursday putting it together. It took a lot to get it out of the car and up the stairs by myself.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Apr 09, 2019, 11:54 AMI'll spend Thursday putting it together.
Remember to do it bit by bit  :-X ;D
I no longer long for the old view!