24-AUG-23 Sick Week

Started by DiveMilw, Aug 24, 2023, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I have been out of work due to illness all week and it will continue tomorrow.  (Except for an after work meeting I went to yesterday.)  On Sunday I had a really bad headache and a few other symptoms which could be either allergies or something else.  So I took three different at home COVID tests and they all gave me a very faint positive result.  
On Monday I went to our health clinic at work and got tested there.  They did a rapid test for both COVID and the flu.  Both were negative.  Because of my at home test results the PA decided I should have a PCR test and stay off work until that came back.  (I was really bored and needed to grab some stuff from my desk which is why I went to the meeting.  I wore a KN35 mask and sat by myself.)  I didn't get the result back until after the meeting on Wed and the result was.......detected.  So, I am self isolating until Saturday.  
The worse part of this is the 105+ temps this week.  I can't go outside for a walk without risk of overheating.  I took a lot of naps today.  
This is a very mild case.  I haven't really had any symptoms starting on Tuesday.  The headache faded on Monday.  I credit the multiple vaccines I got prior to this.  Aside from boredom I am doing well.  
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, @DiveMilw .  Stay mild and get negative soon!  And in the meantime, stay air-conditioned and enjoy the time off.  I'm trying to think of helpful suggestions for staving off boredom, but to be honest, with the strikes stretching on (and on...) I'm kind of running low on ideas myself.

???

Apropos of nothing in particular, I haven't really thought about A New Brain in years -- I missed its original Lincoln Center run and never heard the score until seven or eight years afterward, on the surprisingly strong (because seemingly out-of-character) recommendation of a then-roommate.  (It struck me as typical Finn, for better and worse, but it did make it onto my music-to-work-by playlist for a few months).  Just now, Jesse Green's enthusiastic review of Barrington Stage's new revival has prompted me to give the OCR another listen, which, without much altering my initial impression, is enjoyable.  I wouldn't mind taking a trip upstate to see this new production, but between the effort and the expense, I don't really see it happening.

DiveMilw

I just heard more about the Barrington Stage production and I wish I still lived in CT.  If I was still there it might have been possible for me to see it. 

Speaking of Barrington Stage, I was listening to the Into the Woods podcast episode with Kim Crosby and Robert Westenberg. They talked a little bit about when Kim was in Follies at Barrington and all the great actors who were also in it.  And I remembered I saw that production.  It made me feel special for a moment.  ;D
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

My favorite website for wasting time:

www.conceptispuzzles.com

They have a bunch of "art puzzles" that make pictures when you finish them, as well as other logic-type puzzles like Sudoku and Battleships. If you register with them, you get 16 new free puzzles each week and the chance to buy additional puzzles. Registering is definitely worth your while because they do NOT send you any emails or put you on any email lists, and the weekly free puzzles can provide several hours' worth of distraction. If you do choose to buy puzzle credits, they're good forever. I have had the same bunch of credits floating around my account for at least six years.