03-OCT-18 Definitely NOT August

Started by DiveMilw, Oct 03, 2018, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Not much happening today.  I have a doctor's appointment and some laundry to do.  I might make some vegetable soup with the veggies I bought at the farmer's market a couple days ago.  On Monday, I sauteed some kale I got there.  That was good.  As I was ripping up the kale I found a little wormy bug which didn't get come off when I rinsed the kale.  I was worried that I might have missed any others because being sauteed to death is not the most appealing way to die.  My mom found another one in the sink.  I'm hoping there were only two.  When I make the rest of the kale I will soak/wash it in salt water to get the bugs off.  That seems a little cruel as well but possibly better than being cooked.   :-X
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I think it's October instead of August. ;)

Tomorrow is National Kale Day (according to America's Test Kitchen). They had a recipe for a kale Caesar salad that I will not be making because there are way too many anchovies in it (and also because it looked like it would serve ten people).

DiveMilw

Thanks for noticing my mistake, Kathy!   The first time I "fixed" it I put SEP instead of OCT.  The weeks are just flying by!

DiveMilw

Also, raw kale doesn't hold a lot of appeal to me.  It is too fibrous and hard to eat.  Except maybe "baby" kale which is more tender.  Either way I prefer my kale cooked.