8-Jan-24 Fun Home Monday

Started by DiveMilw, Jan 08, 2024, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Joe's Pub is streaming the 10th anniversary concert of Fun Home tonight. I almost forgot about it.  I think I only heard about it yesterday.  Many of the original cast are back. 

It is super windy out tonight so this will make good listening with the up to 50 mph wind gusts in the background.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Dang, I missed it. But I'm seeing a production of Fun Home on January 27.

Beth Malone is from Colorado. I got a chance to see her in The Unsinkable Molly Brown.

scenicdesign71

Double dang, I missed it too.   ???

How was Malone in TUMB, Kathy?  I remember hearing about that -- it was between FH's Public and Broadway runs, no? or sometime around then? -- and the contrast between these two biographical characters, Alison and Molly, sounded intriguing.

She actually reprised the latter role here at The Transport Group just before the pandemic shutdown, but I missed that as well. 

KathyB

Yes, it was between the Off-Broadway and Broadway runs of Fun Home, and Malone was excellent in a very good production. The Unsinkable Molly Brown is a show where the lead character needs to be great, otherwise it can be painful. Malone was great at capturing the free-spritedness of the character. I remember she came out for the talkback in her Broncos jersey.