7 February 2018

Started by KathyB, Feb 07, 2018, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I don't want to do what I'm supposed to be doing, so I'm procrastinating by starting this daily thread, even though I can't think of anything to say about today. I believe it's Wednesday. We are also 1/4 of the way through February.

I really don't want to do what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bookman George

I had jury duty today. I got to the jury assembly room by 8 a.m., as instructed. They got us all signed in and gave us some instructions -- which I didn't need because I have been on jury duty many times before. About 9:15, they called jurors for two cases. I wasn't called. So I waited. I read the newspaper. I did some crossword puzzles. I read my book. I took a nap. At 11:30, we were dismissed for lunch, due back at at 1:15. Because it was cold, I went to the closest restaurant, which is a branch of a local place where I eat all the time. I sat with three other jurors, whom I did not know at all. They were pleasant people, and the lunch was good. I went  back to the jury assembly room, where I did more of the same things I had done in the morning. They never did call any more jurors. At 3 p.m., we were dismissed. I will get a check for $12 in a week or so. My lunch cost me $15. But I would have had to eat something anyway, so I don't  mind. That was how I did my civic duty this month.