5th April 2018 - Hail to the Chief!

Started by MartinG, Apr 05, 2018, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinG

The first sunny morning for ages has dawned here in honour of the birthday of our revered co-host @Chris L.

Also the frogspawn appears to be stirring.

I for one will be raising a cheeky cider to your health some time later, old chap.  ;)

Morals tomorrow

KathyB

Happy birthday, Chris!

I was going to post a picture of a cake, but I seem to be having problems doing so.

KathyB

Chris L

Thank you for the cake and the frogspawn! (Frogspawn?) Nice to be here, in familiar surroundings with old friends.

Serious part: A good friend of mine passed away less than three weeks ago. He was more than a year and a half younger than I am, which reminded me how lucky I am to be healthy and happy and in a wonderful place with a wonderful person. (That's you, @AmyG.) Nonetheless, here's a tribute I posted to my friend:

David F. Bischoff: 1951-2018

May we all be thankful that we're still alive and having birthdays. And, please, send more cake and frogspawn!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

nulipp

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not.

Leighton

Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

DiveMilw

Happy Birthday, Chris!!!
[attach name=chris+birthday.jpg type=image/jpeg]322[/attach]
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

I was waiting to see what cake design you'd come up with, Tom! ;)

Thanks again for the birthday wishes (keep them coming; the day isn't over yet!) and I can report that I don't feel a day older -- well, maybe one day older -- than I did yesterday.
But us, old friend,

DiveMilw

Quote from: Chris L on Apr 05, 2018, 05:45 PMI was waiting to see what cake design you'd come up with, Tom! ;)
My first thought was to find a frog spawn cake to keep with the theme but surprisingly the internet is devoid of frog spawn cakes.   :))
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Happy belated, Chris!

Apropos of themed cakes and our discussion of Bates Motel and Hannibal, among other things, I went to google "sci-fi horror birthday cake" and came up with this masterpiece...

(WARNING: while artistically impressive, and reportedly delicious, this may be the world's least-appetizing-to-look-at work of confectionery genius ...ever.  Don't say I didn't warn you).

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Thing-Cake/

Chris L

That is indeed grotesque. And yet, with some fava beans and a fine bottle of Chianti...
But us, old friend,