12-MAR-20 Cancellation Thursday

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 12, 2020, 05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

There have been a lot of things cancelled this week.  The high school sports governing body have canceled all games.  They aren't even letting the match-ups happen without spectators.  The quarterly party at the place my dad lives was supposed to be next week but that has been canceled.  And there are the flights to/from Europe which will most likely be cancelled due to the travel ban.  I haven't read the details of the ban so I don't know how big of an impact this will have at work.  

Yale Rep refunded all tickets purchase for their run of "A Raisin in the Sun".  Their theater can hold nearly 600 people. They decided they would offer 100 free tickets to each performance.  They were to be general admission so you could decide where in the theater you wished to sit allowing you to distance yourself as much as you needed/desired.  I was fortunate enough to get online right when the tickets were made available and got two.  When I got home last night there was a message on their Facebook page stating that they were cancelling the run as well as the last show of the season, "Testmatch".  They did this based on what Yale University is doing and the fact that part of Yale includes a hospital.  I am really amazed with Yale Rep's response to the COVID-19 crisis has been.  Their decision to refund and then give away tickets to "A Raisin in the Sun" was extremely generous and forward thinking.  I am going to have to make a point of seeing more of their shows in the future.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Thank you for posting this, Tom. I guess it makes me feel a little better to know that other communities are also having cancellations, although I'm not at all happy about the NCAA basketball playoffs being cancelled (and hockey, and lacrosse, and gymnastics) and about Broadway going dark.

I have two more plays to see in my season for the Denver Center, and I have not made reservations for either yet. I'm concerned that the season will be cancelled, although I suppose if it is, they'll give refunds to subscribers, and hopefully restage the plays in the future.

scenicdesign71

My tickets for Caroline, or Change and Company, along with several Off Broadway shows, are in limbo.   :(

DiveMilw

Yale Rep has canceled the remainder of its season.  :(  I still really admire how they handled the situation and will try to see more of their shows.  An added bonus is that they are great productions.   ;D
I no longer long for the old view!