20 March 2020 Happy spring

Started by KathyB, Mar 20, 2020, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Spring here means eight inches of heavy, wet snow. Roads were icy because there is a layer of ice underneath.

I am still waiting on one more tax form to be mailed to me, because there is no extension for filing income taxes, just one on payment. I get late forms every year, but it seems like they're never this late. Or maybe it just seems later than usual because I don't know if I will be able to see my accountant at all. There are only two people who work in his office, so I should be OK in that respect.

Something positive for today: The Denver Center's website says that I should be issued a credit on my unused season tickets, so my renewal should cost less.

I also have two meals worth of leftover Hamburger Helper in the fridge. I plan to support the local economy this weekend and get some takeout Chinese food from across the street. I would have done it yesterday, but it was too snowy.

DiveMilw

Good news for Kathy!  Steven Mnuchin announced on Twitter that the deadline for filing your taxes will be extended 90 days.  However, the IRS website has yet to be updated with this information. 

Good thing I got my hair cut yesterday.  Today they announced that barber shops, beauty salons, nail salons, etc are to close at 8PM tonight.  I didn't really need the cut yet but I thought this would be happening soon.

I think I'm going to have a slice of cheesecake today, just because.  :)
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Damn.  I had hoped to get my hair cut before the barbershop shut down, too, but I waited too long.  :(

Maybe lockdown will finally nudge me to buy a set of clippers and try buzzing my hair super short, which I've been thinking about for some time.  If I hate it, there'll be time to grow it back out again before anyone sees it, except my roommate.

Or alternatively -- according the same physical law by which umbrellas ward off even the possibility of rain (while neglecting to bring one all but guarantees a downpour) -- giving myself a bad haircut might bring an immediate, miraculous end to the pandemic!

Then I really would be, if not "the biggest piece of sh*t that the universe has ever revolved around" (as a friend many years ago once sighed in exasperation, at a point when my self-esteem was dipping so low as to achieve a kind of perverse grandiosity), at least the dumbest-looking one!