07-NOV-19 Traveling Thursday

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 07, 2019, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Had to travel down to LGA for an interview this morning.  The job is a Station Trainer.  I think I am one of 12 candidates being interviewed.  In this case it really is an honor just being "nominated".  I have a feeling that even with the cost of living increase employees in NYC get I won'y be able to afford to take it if it is offered.    
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Congrats, Tom!  Hope the interview went well.

Today was payday, my last for a full week of shooting on this job (not that "shooting weeks" are exactly relevant, since I'm not on the shoot crew -- although I did get two checks today, including a separate one for that single day of Camera Scenic work last week).  After tomorrow, there are just a few more days of filming -- and then three weeks of tearing down sets, packing and vacating the stages and shops (though I probably won't be needed for every single day of that process).

But our wrap party is coming up, and a few of our sets have already started coming down.

Even after-hours and on weekends; even when I occasionally took time off to work on theatre projects for a week or two (once or twice per season) -- arguably even while on hiatus each year between seasons, this show has been the structural force underpinning my life for the past six years.  It occurred to me today: that's fully one-eighth of my entire life (or a fifth of my so-called adult life) so far.

🤯

Really, though, I'm looking HUGELY forward to taking a break!