01-NOV-19 Temp Drop

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 01, 2019, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It's Fall again.  Last night at 10 PM the outside temperature was 70 F.  This morning it is 47 F.  It was so chilly I had to close my windows when I got up. If it wasn't for the strong breeze/wind I would have left one window open.  We have a wind advisory but so far no snow in our forecast.  Today would be a perfect day to snuggle under a couple of blankets and laze the day away reading and streaming stuff.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Ah, 47 F... it might eventually get up to that again...

Chris L

We hit 47 degrees Friday morning before dawn, which is California Cold (though it dropped as low as 38 in the morning last winter, which borders on *actual* cold. Temps are still going into the lower 80s, upper 70s in the afternoon, but the sun is lower and it feels cooler.

I totally forgot Thursday was Halloween, which is for the best because we were both dead tired and went to bed early. There were probably some kids passing the front gate, but it was locked and they couldn't get to the front door. Halloween is starting to lose its appeal (though at the live orchestra production of Psycho we went to the other night a lot of people were in costume, including one guy dressed as Cary Grant from North by Northwest, complete with tie flying backwards and a model airplane chasing him from behind).
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Gordonb

Quote from: Chris L on Nov 02, 2019, 01:24 AMHalloween is starting to lose it's appeal
Did you really write this? At least you avoided using 'loose'! C:-)

Chris L

Quote from: Gordonb on Nov 02, 2019, 11:03 AM
Quote from: Chris L on Nov 02, 2019, 01:24 AMHalloween is starting to lose it's appeal
Did you really write this? At least you avoided using 'loose'! C:-)
Ouch!  ::)

(In my defense, it was late.)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?