13 November 2019 Windy Wednesday

Started by KathyB, Nov 13, 2019, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

The wind is really blowing this morning. It was blowing so hard that it was messing with the neighbors' motion-sensor Halloween decoration, which was continuously cackling and growling. I also saw a couple signs that were blown off. It probably isn't a very good day for small dogs to be walking around.

It is supposed to be in the 50s today, which sounds like a nice fall day, as opposed to cycling between summer and winter, which is what the weather has felt like.

DiveMilw

It is extremely windy here as well.  The difference is that the temps are only in the 20s & low 30s. When I went out earlier I didn't realize how windy it was.  It is far colder out than I anticipated.
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Today was our last day of filming: a full one for the cast and shoot crew, but all "at home" (at the studio, no locations), punctuated by "wrap" gifts, crew photos and RIDICULOUS catering all day long.

For those of us not on the shoot crew, our final-ever maintenance touchups and other prep work for these last few scenes was finished yesterday.

So for us, today almost felt like some kind of strange feast day, interrupted by occasional work intervals to reluctantly begin preparing for our final load-out -- a substantial task which will continue for several more weeks, long after the cast and camera crew are gone.

On Friday, our Art Department is taking those of us who remain out for lunch.  If I haven't already gained a few pounds on this job over the past six seasons (which I'm pretty sure I have), this week alone should see to it.