30-NOV-19 Storm Prep

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 30, 2019, 05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

We are getting ready for tomorrow's snow event.  The forecast is for between 6 and 12 inches of snow & sleet, depending on where you are.  My town is showing six inches while the airport is up to 12 inches.  It depends on which weather app I look at.  That is the forecast for Weather Underground.  Weather Kitty says my house won't get any snow but will have light showers all day long.  My only preference is that it be either snow or rain.  Freezing rain is the enemy because planes don't fly in freezing rain.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I got estimate number 2 on replacing my front door today. This company does have diamond door grids, which should satisfy my HOA. They have a very nice, super high-quality door that happens to be $2000 more than the other quote I had (which is the one that the HOA rejected). This second door, I would think, is likely to be approved by the HOA, but $2000 is a lot of money.

As of now, I'm in the midst of arguing discussing with the HOA about how I should be allowed to have square door grids, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the last letter/e-mail I sent them.

DiveMilw

Kathy - Can you offer to comply with their wish to have diamond grids if they pay the difference in price between the non-diamond and diamond doors?   >:D O:-) >:D
I no longer long for the old view!