2 December 2019 Cyber Monday

Started by KathyB, Dec 02, 2019, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

If I were shopping for anyone other than myself this year, I might take advantage of some of the incredible deals that I'm told are out there. I am bored today and don't feel like watching the LinkedIn Learning course on After Effects (which I've watched half of and don't understand, plus, it's pretty boring).

I should probably buy myself something and call it a business expense--something like an iPad or a new font. I need more business expenses for the year. I don't think I can justify earphones as a business expense, although my business insurance did pay for a new Kindle when mine was stolen a few years ago, because I had used the Kindle to look at a client's publication to see what the electronic version looked like.

I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy myself something.

KathyB

I went to Costco and bought myself a LEGO set and two packages of peppermint-bark coated pretzel crisps (none of which can be used as a business expense, unfortunately). Costco was mobbed--it was like a normal Saturday. Hopefully it's not going to be this way every day until the end of the month. :(

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Dec 02, 2019, 10:33 AMI should probably buy myself something and call it a business expense--something like an iPad or a new font. I need more business expenses for the year. I don't think I can justify earphones as a business expense, although my business insurance did pay for a new Kindle when mine was stolen a few years ago, because I had used the Kindle to look at a client's publication to see what the electronic version looked like.
I say you should go out and get yourself a little something.  You deserve it and your taxes need it!  If You need inspiration, read on.....

Over Thanksgiving I found out a cousin bought herself a new iPad Pro and MacBook and an Apple pencil.  She used money she got from her Master's degree program.  I'm not sure if this was part of some sort of Fellowship or what.  She will use these items to help her study.  She would also like to get the Apple iBuds but I'm not sure that is a study tool.
I no longer long for the old view!