10-JAN-2020 Festive Friday

Started by DiveMilw, Jan 10, 2020, 06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It's Friday!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Wisconsin is preparing for up to 12" of snowfall while I am looking forward to temperatures in the 60s this weekend.  I plan on taking advantage of the warm weather tomorrow and take down the Christmas lights.  That is a little sad because I really enjoy driving down the block at night and seeing the lights.  Some of our neighbors also still have their lights up but I expect they will be down by the time I return from vacation next weekend. 

My dentist appointment went well.  It was just a checkup and cleaning.  They didn't find anything out of the ordinary. 

Some interesting events which happened on January 10th in years past include:
  • 1949 - First Vinyl Record (45 rpm), RCA introduces the first vinyl record (45 rpm) and Columbia releases the first vinyl record at 33.3 rpm.
  • 1946 - First UN Meeting, The first General Assembly of the United Nations, comprising 51 nations, convenes at Westminster Central Hall in London, England
  • 1974 - Global Oil Shortage, 1974 : Following a global shortage of oil Secretary of State Henry Kissinger asked all oil consuming nations to work together to increase oil supplies and solve the world's energy shortage
  • 1964 - The Beatles, "Introducing the Beatles," the first Beatles Album is released in the US by Vee-Jay Records
I no longer long for the old view!