3 April 2020 Friday

Started by KathyB, Apr 03, 2020, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

The supermarket was out of pasta and peas and distilled water. I'm wondering if it's better to use Artesian water or tap water in a CPAP machine--until I can get some distilled water.

Fortunately, I have one pound of pasta, so I can make the dish I was buying ingredients for, but after I make it, I have no more pasta left. The pasta dish is now going to have edamame instead of peas ::)

Something positive for today: They had 80% of the items on my shopping list. Although I would have been better off if they were out of potato chips and ice cream.

DiveMilw

I think tap water might be better for your CPAP.  The Artesian water could have more minerals.  If you have a Brita pitcher or other filtration device I'd run the tap water through that to remove whatever the filter will catch.  Can't hurt to have slightly less stuff in the water.  

In any case you can probably clean any mineral buildup in the reservoir by swishing some vinegar in it and letting it soak for a few minutes.  I had to do that once after I went on vacation.  I had to fill it with well-drawn water and got a LOT of stuff coating the inside by the time I got back home.
I no longer long for the old view!