08-APR-20 New Career Wednesday

Started by DiveMilw, Apr 08, 2020, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Today I started a side hustle as an Instacart Shopper.  Not sure how long I'll do this.  I've been told the pay is better at the moment because of the self-isolation measure.  So I'll probably keep occasionally picking up an order until the rates are lowered.  My first order went ok.  The 2nd, which I picked up on a whim, was good right up until the minute I was ready to check out.  The app failed and it took nearly 45 minutes for Instacart to get it running again.  You need it to check out and find out where you are delivering the groceries.  Of course, I was not compensated for that time.  So we shall see how this goes in the future.

(One of my friends did this in CA for a while.  She 100% does NOT recommend working for Instacart.  I am on my guard waiting for anything shady to happen.)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Is Instacart providing you with protective equipment? I saw that some Instacart employees went on strike last week because they were spending so much time in the grocery store but weren't provided with anything like masks or gloves.

Something positive for today: I watched a pretty good Nature show on rabbits earlier tonight. That's stretching it, but today was the sort of day where nothing really happened, either good or bad. Just nothing.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Apr 08, 2020, 08:38 PMIs Instacart providing you with protective equipment? I saw that some Instacart employees went on strike last week because they were spending so much time in the grocery store but weren't provided with anything like masks or gloves.
They have safety kits which contain a mask, gloves and a bottle of hand sanitizer which they are giving away to their shoppers.......IF you happen to be on the website for the minute or two they are in stock.  They run out quickly and then it's days before they get more in.  I thought the workers went on strike for only one day but I have found out I was wrong.  The workers who have been doing this job for a while are still on strike.
I no longer long for the old view!