17 April 2020 Friday

Started by KathyB, Apr 17, 2020, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It's still cold here, although it stopped snowing last night.

While I'm sitting around the house, I though I'd reread Gone with the Wind. So far I'm up to chapter III. At this rate, it will take me about a month to finish.

Something positive for today: Uh... the snow is melting. It's really hard to think of anything.

scenicdesign71

Well, it's Friday (still is in CO, though technically Saturday here), not that weekends mean much these days.

The Soft Power cast recording dropped today, so I downloaded that and had a listen -- actually several, after it ended up on Repeat by default -- that's something positive.  I'm still slightly bewildered by the whole thing, and especially underwhelmed by the lyrics, but it does have some quite lovely moments.

I'm chipping away at Grey Gardens here, very very slowly.  At my therapist's suggestion, I'm literally only tidying for about 10-15 minutes per day, as much to set the habit as anything else.  But it had an unexpected effect last night when I reached a certain breakthrough-point in the tidying process and realized that, if I continue to limit myself to such brief cleaning sessions, it might almost have the unimaginable effect of making me look forward to them -- especially when, as yesterday, they sometimes leave me with such a tantalizing view of the finished results to come.  Then again, 10-15 minutes is so little time, given the enormity of the overall task before me, that I might need to adjust it upward for a little while, say 20-30min, just to keep the momentum up.  Slow-and-steady is always difficult for me because I'm really impatient, but I think it really might win the race, especially when it comes to maintaining whatever progress I manage to make.